The Backpack Buddies program provides weekend food for children in need at Pulaski Elementary. For a variety of reasons, many children in our community have little or nothing to eat on the weekends. Our Backpack Buddies program seeks to meet this need by providing non-perishable food. The food is packed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the church and is delivered to the school to be distributed to the children on Fridays. The food we provide is purchased at Second Harvest and local grocery stores or donated by the congregation.
- Individually packaged pop-top/peel-top fruits and vegetables, snacks, and cereal Boxes- 16 oz or larger jars of peanut butter
- Ritz Crackers (Ritz/Saltine)
Donations can be dropped off at the church office or ordered on Amazon and delivered to the church
- Pack bags for children (Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
- Pick-up food at Second Harvest
- Deliver food to school or to designated drop-off points (need SUV or truck)
Whitney Peteranetz is the Backpack Buddies Coordinator, contact her with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org